Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Bullet Your Whole Day

12:45 a.m. -- why am I still awake? Oh, right, 'cuz I'm watching the episode of Facts of Life where Natalie loses her V-card.

1:30 a.m.-ish -- zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

5:40a.m. -- what is that awful noise? Right, my first alarm. Time to take my thyroid pill and go back to sleep

6:00 a.m. -- Well, I'm awake and the internet isn't working. Let's get out of bed and deal with the brunch pudding.

6:21 a.m. -- second alarm goes off, so I can have a banana for breakfast.

6:30 a.m. -- Well, the pumpkin fell apart in my hands, so I can't transport the whole thing. Instead, I scooped out the rice and got as much pumpkin out as I could. I put it in a big bowl, but didn't want to carry that on the T. So i put it in a smaller bowl.

6:45 a.m. Walked to the T. Sat next to a guy in a Packers hat. Tried to make conversation, but that is a two way street and he was not looking to talk with me.

7:15 a.m. Got out of the T and walked to the office.

7:30 a.m., Way too early for work. But here I am.

8:00 a.m. Work, work, work. Book hotels, send e-mails, Facebook stalk an actress, that kind of thing.

9:30 a.m.ish -- Pot luck breakfast at the office. Ate way too much, but it was pretty delightful.

10:15 a.m. -- more of that working thing.

12:30 p.m. Left work, walked to the theatre down the street to see the1:00 showing of Catching Fire.

12:40 p.m. Why is everyone on the street in front of the theatre?

12:42 p.m. Oh, you say they evacuated the theatre. Fire? Bomb scare? Yeah, I don't know.

12:50 p.m. Watching 2 guys fight in front of the theatre. One bumped into the other (i'm sure accidentally, this was a very packed sidewalk) and the other took umbrage. Almost came to blows.

12:52 p.m. finally let back in to the theatre. Somehow, the ticket machine isn't working. Guess I'll get in the line where I talk to people.

12:55 p.m. Got cut in line by a tiny girl and her boyfriend. They promptly left the line.

1:10 p.m. Still waiting in line.  Guess I should be pretty giddy that there is also a 1:30 show.

1:15 p.m. Older dude cut me in line. He seemed to think he was in front of me the whole time. This was not the case. Alas, I was too polite and midwestern to say anything. Now I'm gonna be pissed at a stranger all day.

1:20 p.m Got to the ticket counter. The first thing I said was, "There's nothing you can do about it, but that rude man, him, right there, cut me in line. I'm here now, but I had to say something or I would just get more angry." Bought a ticket and went upstair.

1:25 p.m. Called Bank of America to see why I still have an account there, even though I closed it two weeks ago. Hopefully its now taken care of

1: 26 p.m. Got in line for popcorn and soda.

1:30 p.m. Still in line for popcorn and soda.

1:40 p.m. Spilled my popcorn in the bathroom while fighting with my backpack. Ugh. Swore a little.

1:42 p.m. Got into the theatre. Saw a couple previews (Divergent? Yes please!)

2:00 p.m. Catching Fire begins. It was pretty good. The kids around me were obnoxious and rude. My chair got kicked at least 5 times and two people around me made phone calls.  I enjoyed the first movie a lot, and the first 2 books were quite good. But I had forgotten most of the finer plot points, so it was a nice refresher. I think, originally, I was Team Gale, but Peeta is starting to grow on me. Not sure if its Peeta or Josh Hutcherson. Gonna have to give that some thought.

4:15 p.m. Movie over, watched all the credits. Walked to the T.

4:20 p.m. Stopped at Thinking Cup for a cookie. Yum

4:30 p.m. Got on the T, played some Phase 10 and rocked out to my Pandora A Cappella station.

5:00 p.m. Home from my day. Sat down, took my boots off and was told to steer clear from the kitchen, where my chocolate chips found their way to the floor.

5:15 p.m. Ate some punkin pie.

5:30 p.m.  Cut up a squash. More punkin pie.

6:00 p.m. And now, here we are, writing this blog.



No comments: